CONNECTING GAMERS, TECHNOLOGY AND CULTURE
Melbourne International Games Week is Asia Pacific’s largest digital games celebration featuring conferences, events and activities for the games industry, games enthusiasts, the general public and educationalists.
Held annually in October/November, Melbourne International Games Week aims to:
- bring Australia’s games industry together to showcase, celebrate and build local capability and connections
- build MIGW into the pre-eminent digital games event in the Asia Pacific region
- connect international attendees with Victorian talent.
The events are held in close proximity in some of Melbourne’s biggest and best event venues, from the Australian Centre for the Moving Image to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Melbourne International Games Week is curated by Creative Victoria, with the guidance of a steering committee of industry experts. The steering committee was established in 2017 to act as a conduit to the broader industry and provide support, expert advice and guidance about:
- the form, content and theme for participation at MIGW
- the views, needs and requirements of industry and other key stakeholders
- opportunities for industry participation on both a local and international level
- opportunities for strategic and corporate partnerships and sponsorships
- promotion of events
- recruitment of individuals and organisations to participate as speakers or as part of industry and trade delegations.
Creative Victoria is a Victorian Government body established to champion and support local talent and grow the state’s creative industries.