Do you want to stage an event as part of MIGW?
Any organisation can submit an expression of interest. Successful applicants will see their event become part of a 9-day program with foundation events such as Games Connect Asia Pacific (GCAP) and PAX AUS, as well as events hosted by ACMI, Film Victoria, Creative Victoria, IGEA and more.
COVID 19 restrictions permitting in 2021, events should be physical and must take place in Melbourne, Victoria. However, we encourage professional online events as well, whether they complement the physical event or are stand-alone delivered on a virtual platform.
To be included in the MIGW program, events must;
- be staged within the published dates of MIGW
- be self-funded and self-managed
- be of a high standard and align with the values and vision of MIGW
- not detract from or compete with any other MIGW event or activity
- have all necessary permits and comply with laws and regulations
- align with one or more of MIGW’s three audience segments – games industry, the education sector or the general public
- be monitored by staff who have completed Bystander Training
- include an Acknowledgement of Country at the commencement of the event
- be able to provide appropriate video, images or illustrations (jpegs) to promote the event
- agrees to provide two (2) complimentary invitations to Creative Victoria
- where appropriate, agrees to provide Studio Bento access to the event for film production services
- agree to participate in an event evaluation program should it be required
Creative Victoria will convene an independent panel to assess applications against eligibility criteria.
EOI Applications are now open and the deadline for receipt of submissions is 5.00pm on Monday 26 July 2021.
Event organisers must complete the Expressions of Interest form featured below or send to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications will be Monday 26 July 2021.
Successful applicants will be notified by email no later than Monday 16 August 2021.
All successful applicants will be required to include the MIGW logo on their marketing collateral including, but not restricted to, website, social media, printed material and third-party booking sites. Brand guidelines and logo pack will be provided to participants after acceptance into the program.
- Determine whether your event meets the published criteria
- Complete the MIGW event application form provided on the following pages
- Lodge your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26 July, ensuring all relevant information requested below has been included