The Big Anxiety explores the use of virtual reality for the mental health industry.
Explore a series of interactive works that champion positive mental health outcomes and delve into mental health issues faced by the wider community, including:
- Waumananyi: The Song on the Wind, an Anangu-led response to the experiences of constraint, entrapment, and depression through the traditional story (or ‘tjukurpa’) of ‘The Man in the Log’
- The Visit, an intimate interactive engagement with the complex emotional and perceptual world of dementia
- Being Debra, a window into the lived experience of a person with dwarfism in contemporary Australian society
- Parragirls, Past Present, a deeply moving immersive experience presenting former residents’ contemporary visions of Parramatta Girls Home, an Australian child welfare institution that closed in 1974
- EmbodiMap, a therapeutic/research tool that enables users to engage with and map their feelings, thoughts and emotions and how these are experienced within the body.
ACMI, Fed Square