Where gaming culture and industry collide
Melbourne International Games Week (MIGW) is Asia Pacific’s largest digital games celebration featuring conferences, events and activities for the games industry, educators, games enthusiasts, and the general public.
In 2023, game lovers can enjoy MIGW in a variety of ways with a jam-packed program of in-person, online and hybrid style events.
MIGW aims to:
- bring Australia’s games industry together to showcase, celebrate and build local capability and connections
- be the pre-eminent digital games event in the Asia-Pacific region (and beyond!)
- connect the international games community with the Victorian games industry
- keep industry talent in Victoria by highlighting the exceptional quality of our industry and the potential for career development
- expose the general public to what Victorian makers are doing, so studios can connect to broader audiences
- highlight the non-commercial value of games as a creative industry and as a tool for social change
Melbourne International Games Week is curated by Creative Victoria, guided by a steering committee of industry experts. Established in 2017, the committee acts as a conduit to the broader industry and provides support, expert advice and guidance about:
- the format, content and theme of MIGW
- the views and needs of industry and other key stakeholders
- opportunities for industry participation on both a local and international level
- opportunities for strategic and corporate partnerships and sponsorships
- promotion of events
- recruitment of individuals and organisations to participate as speakers or as part of industry and trade delegations.
Creative Victoria is the state government body dedicated to championing, growing and supporting Victoria's creative industries including digital games.
Explore 2023 events
Join Australian and international influencers, businesses and industry for Melbourne International Games Week.